Pacific Global Advisors LLC
Pacific Global Advisors provides innovative and customized investment and risk management solutions to pension plans and other institutional investors. Clients include:
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Defined contribution plans
- Nuclear decommissioning trusts
- Voluntary employees’ beneficiary associations
In July 2011, Pacific Global Advisors completed the purchase of J.P. Morgan’s North American Pension Advisory Group, an acknowledged innovator in the provision of customized investment and risk management solutions for institutional investors.
Pacific Global Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company, a registered investment advisor and QPAM (Qualified Professional Asset Manager). Services include the management of assets on a discretionary basis.
Leadership & Innovation
- DOL Advisory Opinion 2006-08A which opened the door to Liability-Driven Investment (LDI) solutions in the U.S.
- LifeMetrics Longevity Toolkit (2007)
- Pioneer in Liability-Driven Investment (LDI) strategies for U.S. pension plans
- Private Letter Ruling on pension risk transfers (2007)
- World’s first capital markets longevity swap (2008)
November 29, 2012 – Pacific Global Advisors hosts webinar – Dodd-Frank Act: What do corporate pension plans need to do before December 31st? (for a copy of the presentation or a link to the replay, please email us at email@example.com)
November 1, 2012 – Considering Getting Out Of The Pension Business? Annuities? Lump Sums? Terminations? Pacific Global Advisors discusses questions you need to ask – and answer – before you pull the trigger.
October 27, 2012 – Retirement Reality Check: You Get What You Pay For. Pacific Global Advisors discusses what’s wrong with conventional wisdom about defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
October 25, 2012 – MAP-21: A Dangerous Road. Pacific Global Advisors discusses why sponsors shouldn’t change their funding, hedging and investment strategies in reaction to the 2012 pension legislation
September 7, 2012 – Pacific Global Advisors’ Guy Coughlan presents at Eighth International Longevity Risk and Capital Markets Solutions Conference in Waterloo, Canada
September 4, 2012 – Pacific Global Advisors Grows its Investment Management Team, Announces Two New Key Hires
July 9, 2012 – Pacific Global Advisors’ approach touted in Pensions & Investments article “Complexity of investments pushes funds to seek outsourcing help” (for a copy of the article, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
February 20, 2012 – Pacific Global Advisors moves to new headquarters at 535 Madison Avenue, NYC.
September 28, 2011 – Pacific Global Advisors’ Guy Coughlan wins prize for longevity modeling from North American Actuarial Journal
August 1, 2011 – Pacific Global Advisors Acquires Pension Advisory Group from JPMorgan Chase
Dodd-Frank Act Resources for Plan Fiduciaries
- May 1, 2013: deadline for swaps dealers to amend ISDAs with pension plans to enable the dealers to comply with Dodd-Frank Act requirements
- September 9, 2013: deadline for pension plans to clear certain vanilla swaps